英雄联盟竞猜线上入口靠谱 College celebrated Earth Day on April 22 by hosting a household cleanup.
"Pre-pandemic, we would usually hos a campus cleanup. We wanted to create that same sense of community and encourage people to clean up and do their part for the environment, so we came up with a safer alternative this year," said Tayler Buchanan, sustainability communications and events coordinator.
"It's also a wonderful reminder to get outside and connect with nature – the more connected we are, the more we'll fight to protect it."
The Office of Sustainability also ran a Cleanup Contest for 英雄联盟竞猜线上入口靠谱 students and staff participating in an indoor or outdoor cleanup between April 22 to 25.
Those cleaning up snapped an image of themselves and posted it to their social media accounts with the hashtag #英雄联盟竞猜线上入口靠谱GreenClean for a chance to win a $200 Goodfood gift card.
Participants were encouraged to clean up where they are comfortable – be it inside, in their backyards, or out in their neighbourhood.
Here are a few tips for an indoor cleanup:
- Organize and separate items you want to donate.
- You can request a pick-up of household hazardous waste by the city by calling 311.
- Remember to check with your local public health groups and donation centres to ensure they are accepting donations.
The Office of Sustainability also provided some guidelines for cleaning up outside.
- Take precautions for COVID-19, including avoiding touching your face, limiting contact with others through social distancing and washing or sanitizing your hands thoroughly.
- Identify areas in your neighbourhood that would benefit from a cleanup, like a park or community centre. On the day of the cleanup, wear a pair of gloves, mask, and bring a handful of garbage bags with you.
- Do not separate recyclables; the majority of trash found outside is dirty, wet and contaminated. Recycling any of these items will contaminate blue bins.
- If you see an overflowing litter bin or large litter items, you can call or submit a service request.
The Office of Sustainability holds many popular contests and workshops throughout the year.
"While we've made strides in regard to Sustainability at 英雄联盟竞猜线上入口靠谱, we still have many opportunities to deepen our impact, and that's all dependent on having an engaged community," said Devon Fernandes, sustainability manager.
The College incorporates sustainability into planning, strategy, curriculum and corporate culture.
英雄联盟竞猜线上入口靠谱 was recognized for its sustainability leadership and was named one of Canada's Greenest Employers . The award is given to employers that make environmental values part of their organizational culture. This is the sixth year 英雄联盟竞猜线上入口靠谱 made the list.